S.Sixteen.Sinful.

Canadian cutie Currently confused My mother has always told me that I am wise beyond my years and often comments that I am "16 going on 30"

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Recent thoughts

In a recent post, my friend GayBanker talked about people cheating on their spouses. This prompted me to think of several things, such as the way I let people walk all over me somtimes, a trait I seem to have in common with Saddle Up. Anyways, interestingly enough, all of this ties in with the boy I am currently interested in right now. So I suppose I shall tell you a little story...

Around October of last year, I began talking daily to one of my good friend's boyfriends. Unfortunately, this caused us to both develop some feelings for each other, which we kept secret from my friend and his girlfriend. He seemed like such a decent, honest, guy with such good values at the time that I really fell hard. This fizzled out after about 3 weeks (remember those high school crushes?), but that's another story entirely. Me and this boy would talk late into the night, every night and he was always first to fall asleep (he sounds sooo adorable when he's tired) and I would always go to bed after feeling quite good. Anyways, later on, in around December, I realized that my friend (who was still his girlfriend) was telling him everything I told her. Worse still, I had told a different mutal friend of ours that I liked her boyfriend and the "friend" (don't get me started on her, it would ge quite profane in here) went and told her that I liked her boyfriend. So she knew, and the only reason I know ALL of this stupid, childish chain of events is that she told her boyfriend, the boy I used to like, and he came right back around and told me what they had done. Furious, I was quite tempted to confront both bitches and start the chain up again, but decided to save my energy and not cause what would have been a huge, even more ridiculously dramatic scene, ending with the breaking of our friendships. So, all this time I have kept my mouth shut about it all and never trusted either of them again, though none of them suspect that I know and still consider me good friends. Please leave any thoughts of whether you think that was a stupid move or a smart one, thanks. Anyyways, one of those lengthy nights when me and the boy (who I shall start calling Fir) were talking, the topic of his girlfriend's parents came up. They have a horrible relationship with their daughter that can get quite tacky, as they don't seem to care about airing their dirty laundry anywhere. So Fir and I talked about the disrespectful way she talks to her parents and out of nowhere Fir said "You know the dad has cheated on the mom sooo much?"
"What?!" I exclaimed.
"Yeah, there's a bunch of older men that drink and smoke and have lots of sex that I know through my dad and they take my and my buddies out and get us drunk with them and they always talk about him and how he goes out with them all the time" laughed Fir.
"No...." I replied unconvincingly.
"I swear! And they even have a nickname for him and stuff and you know what? His wife and daughter are at home right now and where is he?" demanded Fir.
"Calgary!" I exclaimed in a shocked voice, my eyes opening wide.
"Exactly, Saf. Now anyways, got to go to bed, love you" He hung up.
I lay in bed for a while, thinking about it. My imagination is quite vivid sometimes, and I began to imagine all sorts of things. This particular man has always looked like a shady character, and a whole bunch of us were quite frightened of him when we were (even littler) little girls. Despite his gruff exterior, however, I had always believed that he was a loyal husband and somewhat of a good father.


Gosh, sometimes one comment can just make you question everything. Not that I mind.


(edit) Tonight I am attending Fir's girlfriends birthday dinner, yet Fir will not be there =(.
We have started talking again and I sort of miss him. I do get to spend two weeks with him in the summer away from her though ;) which should be fun.

2 Comments:

Blogger Saddle Up said...

I would say you should try to avoid any nastiness down the road by keeping a nice little emotional gap between the two of you.

The fact that you know he spilled the beans previously would suggest he would do the same again - so be careful!


Men are generally quite unfaithful if given the chance. It's the way their brains are wired... to see the wiring all you need do is pull down their pants ;)

6:08 PM  
Blogger S said...

Thank you saddle up, that is presicely what I have been doing.

Oh, I have definitely considered this possibility but he has several reasons not to trust his girlfriend and constantly tells me things that would totally screw him over if I were ever to open MY mouth, so I have some insurance.

Haha well, like father like son, I know for a fact that he is extraordinarily unfaithful, he has even had sex with a girl when his girlfriend was in the next room. Must be something stimulating about the prospect of getting caught.


Wiring sounds intriguing. Must check it out sometime =P. Oh allright I won't pretend I haven't been curious to check it out already.

Will you speak of the devil? He's calling...got to go!

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home